Social Media Policy
- We do not publish photographs of children without the written consent of parents on NCS social media.
- We do not identify by name any of the children featured in photographs.
- Where boys are individually named, e.g. in congratulating an individual achievement, their full names not to be used. First name and year group, e.g, ‘David in Year 5’ or first name and initial, e.g. ‘David R’ should be used.
- Where boys are individually named, e.g. in congratulating an individual achievement, photographs must not be used.
- We do not allow personally identifying information of current staff or NCS pupils to be published on our social media accounts.
- Social Media sites are moderated by nominated members of NCS staff and linked to their school email account.
- We never post content which has potential to cause harm or embarrassment to individuals or to the School.
- As per our photography policy, parents are welcome to film or photograph their own children at school events but we ask that images with other children included are not shared on personal social media accounts.
Strategies in place to minimise risk and respond to events
- Our intention is to maintain a sensible amount of control over social media content regarding tagging, sharing, comments, and downloading.
- Privacy options must be used appropriately on all NCS social media sites, and nominated staff must be aware of blocking/reporting procedures for all NCS social media sites.
- NCS staff must monitor posts on NCS social media sites and respond accordingly. If children and young people disclose information or display behaviour or are exposed to information or behaviour on these sites that raises safeguarding or other concerns, appropriate authorities must be informed immediately.
- Should content attract media attention all media enquiries must be forwarded to the Headmaster immediately. Staff members must not communicate with the media without the advice or approval of the Headmaster.
- Tagging of photos is disabled
- Posts are moderated by a member of NCS staff prior to publishing
- Comments disabled
- User rating facility disabled
- Single ‘broadcast’ account covers all school departments
- Tweets/retweets are monitored by a member of NCS staf